[APD] Re: Yeast CO2 in 55 gal tank

Holly:  I use a rubber stopper in a 2L plastic juice bottle.  The juice
bottles are
a bit sturdier and more stable than soda bottles.  The stoppers are
available at the local hardware store, very inexpensive.  They have an added
advantage in that if the tubing becomes plugged for some reason, the stopper
will slowly and gently be pushed out by the pressure (instead of exploding).
No adhesive is necessary - as someone already said, just drill the hole
through the rubber a little smaller than the tubing.  The rubber has a
tendency to grab the tubing and form a seal around it.   To make it easy to
get it through the hole, I use about 2 inches of rigid tubing (it pushes
though easily), then attach the air tube to that.  The rigid tube is cut at
angles at either end.

I don't use a reactor, I just use a very fine air stone positioned under the
intake of my Eheim canister filter.  Works great, no bubbles come out the
other end and the filter has never locked up or made noise.

Hope this helps,
Terry S. in AZ