Re: [APD] Yeast CO2 in 55 gal tank

Lowest tech for CO2 is bubbling it into the base of a
powerhead or a canister filter intake.

Using a large tube as a mixing chamber works better, if you
happen to have a gravel vacuum tube (or some PVC) on hand.
This will get you 100% absorbtion or nearly so. But less
attractive than having eh mixing chamber external to the
aquarium (aka, external reactor).

sh
--- Holly Wagner <holly5dogs at yahoo_com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> This subject has been done to death (I've searched the
> archives). But I'm still confused. After an absence of
> several years from planted tanks, I'm getting one going
> and thought I'd have no immediate need for CO2 so I'd
> have a month to save up for a pressurized system.  Nope.
>  A generous online retailer subbed glossostigma
> (spelling?) for Java moss--Yes!  Totally true! So now I'm
> on a mission to save the gloss!  I have bright light and
> need CO2.  So I'm wondering about yeast as a temporary
> solution.  I've tried yeast CO2 before but didn't have
> luck getting the silicone sealant to work with the
> plastic bottle caps.  I've found some sources for
> fittings online but would rather get this set up this
> weekend if possible.  Does anyone have any ideas how to
> form a good seal on a plastic bottle?  Also, I'm trying
> to go as low-tech as possible in terms of a reactor.
> Does the bell method of diffusion work?  What's the
> consensus on that?
>
> Holly

The American Cichlid Association Annual Convention
Just the biggest aquarium hobby convention of the year (would Texas have it any other way?)
Ft. Worth, Texas July 21-24   http://www.aca2005.org/