Re: [APD] Was "Re: lighting temperature question" - but its now Online Shopping in Canada

Is it weird or what that Bigallsonline is one of the
lower-priced online stores for USA customers but,
apparently,  one of the higher priced stores in Canada?

It's a Canadian company, is it not? I wonder what the deal
it there with that? Perhaps Al is saving up to buy a hocky
team?????? ;-)

sh
--- James Purchase <jppurchase at sympatico_ca> wrote:
> . . . And stay away from Big Al's
> Online - he's ripping
> off his Canadian customers with overinflated prices. (for
> example, Big Al
> wants $ 169.99 for an Eheim 2213 Plus Kit, $ 219.99 for
> the Eheim 2215 Plus
> and $289.99 for the Eheim 2217 Plus Kit. Pets & Ponds
> sells the same
> canister filters (in the same "kit form") for $109.99 for
> the Eheim 2213,
> $159.99 for the Eheim 2215 and $204.99 for the Eheim
> 2217). And remember
> that if your order with Pets & Ponds is over $200.00 in
> total, shipping is
> FREE.
>
> As far "duty" is concerned, there isn't any Import Duty
> levied on products
> imported from the US any more (remember "Free Trade"???).
> You will be hit
> with a Brokerage Fee on most things crossing the border -
> that is levied by
> the brokerage house that does the paperwork for the
> Canadian Government to
> get your order through Customs, but it isn't "Duty".

The American Cichlid Association Annual Convention
Just the biggest aquarium hobby convention of the year (would Texas have it any other way?)
Ft. Worth, Texas July 21-24   http://www.aca2005.org/