Re: [APD] Re: lighting temperature question

The 2700K flourescents were considered by some bulb makers
a minor tirumph, since it (supposedly) make a fluorescent
that looked more like an incandescent. You can be the judge
whether they really pulled it off. Some of the 2700Ks have
give your skin a definite chartruese tinge. But there's
nothing that says chartreuse tinting is less desirable than
than the pinkish magenta tint of some so-called plant
bulbs.

But the plants, like yongsters, will still be happy so long
as you illuminate them.

sh
--- Ben Hong <bkhong at rogers_com> wrote:
> Thanks all for the advice.  You know, once scott
> explained the white hot
> glowing block at 10,000 deg Kelvin...my early days as a
> BSc (later changed
> to BA engl. lit. for reasons I won't get into, and
> probably don't need to)
> all came back.
>
> The issue is that in this small canadian town the only
> twin tube 13 watt
> compact fluorescent bulbs I can find are 2700 K (for 4.95
> CAD).  I've tried
> online for ages, and most is available only through the
> States for a bit
> more in American dollars...but it's the shipping that is
> killer.  Plus god
> knows what the duty will be.  Hence, I'll take what I can
> get here, and it
> seems that it won't make much difference in the end.
>
> The tank is a soil tank that has been going well enough,
> barring some minor
> algae problems.  I've decided to convert fully to the
> Walstad Method and
> place it by a window, etc.etc., and see how that goes, so
> the light should
> be ample.
>
> B.

The American Cichlid Association Annual Convention
Just the biggest aquarium hobby convention of the year (would Texas have it any other way?)
Ft. Worth, Texas July 21-24   http://www.aca2005.org/