[APD] GE 45W screw in compact fluorescent.

I bought one of these things to play with; $20 at crappy tire.

They are massive things, look at them side by side with a 13W screwin:
http://images.aquaria.net/hw/lights/pendants/cheap/45w/

And they are BRIGHT. They have roughly the same luminous output as
a 40 T12 tube, just in a different package. Getting that light somewhere
usfeull is a it of a challenge, it sure doesn't fit the fixture I use
for 13 tubes.

http://images.aquaria.net/hw/lights/pendants/cheap/
http://images.aquaria.net/hw/lights/pendants/cheap/13w/

A large pendant or a batwing reflector would be better.

Four of these hanging on a tank in pendants might be kinds neat. There's a $125
125W version too it's longer and only available at hydroponics.com.

Also, in a compact fluorescent theme, there's an ad in TFH for
"www.aquatraders.com"
who sell aquarium CF lights and they seem pretty cheap to me. $45 for a strip
that holds two 65W tubes. They price is $4 higher on their website AND they're
sold out. They have other stuff though similarly priced.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net