[APD] rocks'n'wood

So tonight we went out and scouted for rocks and wood and came back with
some glacier scarred slate that looks like pagoda rock, and some driftwood.

I got a 3' ceder root, nicely gnarled that I'll cut up to fill a big
tank or two. And I got a bunch of punky crap - well rotted - although
I believe it to be ceder not pine.

Is there any use for this stuff? Will it just disintigrate in water
in short order or does it sort of stay this way? What if I cleaned it,
sun dried it then coated it with polyurethane or epoxy ?

Anybody done this to rotten or punky bogwood?

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net