RE: [APD] monster plant removal

What about the roots left in the substrate. I've got a sword that has
outgrown my 75. I really do not want to tear the tank down but have been led
to believe that leaving the roots in the substrate will cause them to rot
and make an even worse mess of things.

Ginger

-
Walstad has said that in her dirt tanks she cuts the entire top off of
swords at the crown, effectively killing them. You can cut them way back --
I've got one I do that to about once every 2 months -- and other plants will
outcompete them for a while.

Liz

--
Breakthroughs are not achieved through consensus thinking.