-----Original Message-----
From: aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com]On Behalf Of Vaughn Hopkins
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2005 11:21 AM
To: aquatic digest
Subject: [APD] AAS Check Valve

I am in the throes of researching whether or not to use a check valve
in my CO2 system when I finally get my tank set up in a couple of
months.  Looking thru past comments in this mailing list it seems not
to be a settled issue as to whether or not such a valve is needed or
even advantageous.  Are there any new thoughts on that question?  And,
has anyone tried the AAS Check Valve,
http://www.automatedaquariums.com/fk98553.htm  , which looks ideal for
that use?  At this time I am leaning towards using a simple ball shut
off valve instead of the check valve, but that decision I will make
later.  (I already have everything else that I think I need to set up
the system, other than the CO2 cylinder.)  Thanks for any input I can
get on this.