[APD] AAS Check Valve

I am in the throes of researching whether or not to use a check valve in my CO2 system when I finally get my tank set up in a couple of months. Looking thru past comments in this mailing list it seems not to be a settled issue as to whether or not such a valve is needed or even advantageous. Are there any new thoughts on that question? And, has anyone tried the AAS Check Valve, http://www.automatedaquariums.com/fk98553.htm , which looks ideal for that use? At this time I am leaning towards using a simple ball shut off valve instead of the check valve, but that decision I will make later. (I already have everything else that I think I need to set up the system, other than the CO2 cylinder.) Thanks for any input I can get on this.