[APD] RE: why algae will not grow

AS: "My tank is a 20 gallon with a 55W light kit from AHS. The substrate is Seachem Flourite and I use a biowheel filter. ... My problem is that I always have lots of algae growing over the plants."

SH: "My recommendation is to get dry chemicals (mono-potassium phoshate and potassium nitrate) for the macronutrients and then also use a trace (micronutrient) mix like Flourish or Tropica Master Grow."

With that much light and now more nutrients about to be added, I'd say a worse algae farm is on the way unless you add CO2.

TW