Re: [APD] Columbian Tetra eats plants??

Columbian tetras can be beautiful when fully colored and
front overhead lighting is advised to show them to best
effect.

They can be frustrating. I've had them in a couple of diff
aquria and never found them to eat any of the plants. Eat
plants? Apparently, they are very picky plant eaters
because if they favor any kind of plant it's not any of
ones I've ever cycled through those aquaria.

However, they seem very strict about establishing a pecking
order, so a large school is advised or plenty of room or
there will always be one on the bottom of the order that is
never allowed to eat (at least not in peace). However, they
are not nearly so aggressive in this regard as Tiger Barbs
(Barbus tetrazona). About the same as Silver Tips
(Hasemania nana).  Much more so than, say, the Pristella
tetra (Pristella Riddlei)

sh