Re: [APD] substrate

If you want sand, go with sand, or onyx sand it you want the buffering (but that kind of an odd mix with RO). Also, if you are going to use pure RO water, your better off going without co2 injection as your pH may be too unstable.

FWIW I've seen some very large, good looking Discus living and growing in Toronto tapwater with a dKH ~7.

Just my $0.02CDN.

Glenn

cowiew at bellsouth_net wrote:
This is my first post so please bear with me, thanks.
I had decided on Sechem Flourite as a substrate possibly covered with sand. I’ve recently read some posts on ECO-COMPLETE from Carib Sea and would like to find out more about this product. I’m unable to find reports or any comparisons of eco-complete to Flourite or other substrate products, or user comments. Can anyone help?
Setup: 135 Gal tank, for Discus and live plants. 2Watts/Gal. light, 84-86F, RO water aged in peat, CO2, PH 6.5. This tank is still being planned so my choices can easily change. I would like to avoid as many “set-up” problems as possible by doing my home work first.
Thank you for any help you can give me,
Ftlaud806.