Re: [APD] External co2 Reactors/Flow Reduction

Eheim designs tend to favor relatively low water flow
relative to canister size when compared to other brands of
canister filter.

You might consider a Filstar or a Via Aqua as a reactor
driver. The Eccos don't have a lot of oomph but I would
expect a 2231 to work with a reactor. Before buying another
filter I would try teeing off a line to the reactor--the
reactor shouldn't require much water flow, and that will
lower the overall resitant to flow that the Ehiem "sees".

It shouldn't matter whether the reeactor is on the intake
or output side of the filter since the resistance to flow
is the same either way and it's all the same water line. On
the output side, theoretically, the vapor pressure is
higher and a high concnetration of CO2 attainable, although
the diff should be so small as to not be noticeable.

Scott H.