RE: [APD] Re: dirt, moderate CO2, and moderate light

I met a fellow at the NEC convention who said for years he
has been putting cow manure under gravel and he's been
happy with the results.

Lots of diff methods can be made to work but probably only
a few will fit an indivdual's tastes and proclivities for
maintenance.

One person's problems might be another person's hobby. It's
not as if one method is inherently better than another. But
results will be diff and among those diffs will be the ones
you prefer.

Ms. Walstad has found a method that suits her goals, etc.
And I think that's great. It's a method that can and does
suit many people. I also think it's great that she wrote
such a great book along the way.

Scott H.

PS:  Tom Barr, high tech? Seems he's encouraged lots of
diff methods from time to time. There are some basics that
he offers for folks writing in with particular problems,
but I've never heard him suggest UGFs are a no no, or dirt
is the wrong way to go, or anything high tech is necessary
for enjoyment. Depends on what one enjoys. Tom's tastes
seem somewhat ecclectic. Good for him, says I. ;-)

sh