[APD] Lighting Question

Hi everyone,

I have 2 planted tanks with DIY CO2 that cost about $150 a year to run for
food, fertilizer, plants, fish and miscellaneous items. The cost for
lighting is approx. $200 for 6 bulbs which I buy once a year (instead of the
recommended every 6 months). Is the cost for the lights worth it or should I
just buy regular fluorescent bulbs. I mostly grow swords, anibus, and crypts
and they

are growing well at the present time. I was wondering if I would see any
major reduction in the growth rate with regular fluorescent

bulbs.

Thanks,

Dale