[APD] Water change for planted tank

Hello,

I've got kind of a stupid question. I know for sure
that one of the reasons to we do water changes in a
established tank is to reduce the nitrate level in
your tank. But what happens when you put a lot of fast
growing plants in your tank? I would think that these
undemanding plants will use up the excess nitrates.
You can just add more water as it evaporates from the
tank and fertilizer for the plants. Do you still need
to do water changes in this case?

-WC