Re: [APD] Sagittaria Subulata For Sale

As Karen once corrected me, with a planted tank, it's
really not quite the same as cycling.

When you cycle a fish only tank, you are waiting for the
bacteria that convert ammonia to nitrite to develop (about
a week at most) and the thos the convert nitrite to
nitrate, which takes several weeks longer.

With a heavily planted tank, the plants suck up most of the
ammonia. Bacteria still develop sinc ethey share the same
water, but there presence in large amounts is not as
critical as in a fish only tank.

Scott H.