Re: [APD] Sagittaria Subulata For Sale

I re-filled the tank and let it sit for ten days before adding the first fish. I also used my test kit and tested the water four times before adding fish. I also put plants in the tank for a week before adding fish. This is a 55 gal tank. It had three filers running on it but it is down to just one now. This is an old tank. I lost the tank and the fish while my wife was in the hospital for five weeks. I also have ten more tanks that are now sitting empty. SuperPetz here, had a major fish sale a couple of weeks ago. I purchased ten neon Tetras at 97 cents each. They also had some more fish for sale at 97 cents each \ red sword tails.and I purchased them I then went to Petco and purchased some Black Skirt Tetras, a Pleco, and two Red Tail sharks. In about one week, all but one of the Neon Tetras were gone. Most in about 48 hours. Never did find any bodies, just missing fish. Have never had a problem with Pleco's eating fish. swords or Red Tail Sharks. To the best of my knowledge, The Black Skirt Tetra are a good community fish and they also don't kill or eat fish. So, the following week they had more fish on sale for 97 cents each and I added some more fish to the tank. Again, in less then a week about 75% of them were missing. OK, my test kit is old, so I took a jar of my water to them and let them test it. They tested it and the ammonia was a little high but everything else checked. This time I purchased some additional fish but paid more for them and they did not just come in for the sale. For the past five days, I have lost just one fish. A Red Sword Tail male. Again, no sign of a dead body - and I feel sure he never jumped out of the tank. At this point I am starting to look in the yellow pages and see if I can hire a security guard to keep a watch on them. Fish have been a hobby of mine for the last thirty plus years and I have never ever had this problem. Yes, I am open to any and all ideas. Yes, two large fish did die in this tank and no I did not remove the gravel and clean the tank. I did remove the dead fish and replaced almost all of the water. The were a large pair of fish that died while my wife was in the hospital for five weeks, running up a $79,000.00 bill. Some how, the power bar got knocked off. That is another mystery. We are both handicapped and live on a fixed income. Sure it was only 97 cents a fish but that adds up, just to have them die/disappear in less then a week. Now it seems that I am going to need a better light for the plants. I am starting to think that maybe I should have not started to put the tanks back up. But I got that itch again. Know what I mean.

Now to selling plants, I always wrapped them in wet newspaper, put the newspaper in a zip lock bag and sent them off. Don't know why it would not still work. There are no plants in any of the stores in this area, that I would buy. So I went mail order and got the first bunch but due to limited funds, I only got about half of what I really need to plant a 55 gal tank and then I have ten more tanks that I might bring back to life also. I am starting over after getting rid of most of my fish three or four years ago.

Hal