[APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 19, Issue 42

James, I love your kind of resourcefulness and creativity!  And you're probably right about the store using your idea as a display :)

Growing old is inevitable; growing up is optional.

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:43:00 -0500
From: "James Purchase" <jppurchase at sympatico_ca>
Subject: [APD] Re: low-cost nano tank source?
To: <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
I can put any substrate I choose into this dish, plant a few low light Crypts, cover the surface with a fine grade of more decorative sand, and voila, my Goldfish Bowl is now a "Nature Aquarium". Caviar servers (the lower part, which would normally hold crushed ice) also make perfect "pots" for the 10" globe...But they certainly DO have style!And do tell the salesman WHY you are looking...I'm going to use the lower dish to grow a plant in. He soon dropped the snotty attitude and seemed fascinated as I described my "project". The next time I pass by that store, I'm almost positive that they will have one set up on one of their display counters.