Re: [APD] Water Changes and Crypt Rot

Seems crypts can be stubborn about becoming well
established, but once they do, 50% weekly water changes
didn't phase them in my tanks. I eventually had to go the
machete route to keep C. wentii from reaching the top of a
24" tank.

I kept them moderately well dosed with traces and macros.

So water changes alone aren't necessarily a cause of
meltdown.

Althoguh not all my tnaks had or have added CO2, like any
submerged plant, crypts are happier with added CO2.

Have plants, have,
sh
--- Vaughn Hopkins <hoppy1 at surewest_net> wrote:
> I have been reading past posts about the desirability of
> frequent large
> water changes.  . . . So, my obvious question is, if you
> do 50% water
> changes weekly, do you also risk having more crypt rot?
> I have given
> up on crypts due to my past experience, but I really
> would like to keep
> growing them in my new tank, when I finally get it set
> up.

_Aquarium Plants_, Christel Kasselmann, will be speaking about plants and tanks at the NEC 30th Annual Convention

It's not too late to register. Get info at:

http://www.northeastcouncil.org/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index