[APD] Another novice question

Ladies and gentlemen, I need your help.  There's a storm water swail that runs through our property and I keep looking at the green plants in there.  Just recently I've noticed a low-growing, spreading plant that looks as though it would make a marvelous foreground plant in my 70G tank.  I hesitate to bring any of it in though because I have no idea what fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides may also be in that shallow water.  Is there any way to quarantine plants like this to make them suitable for aquarium use?  I'd love to give it a try!

Oh, one more thing: I'm from St. Louis, MO and transplanted to just north of Seattle, WA.  There are plants that are treated as annuals in the midwest that thrive here, so I wouldn't necessarily use a WA list to determine what is invasive nationwide.  Just my beginner's HO.

Growing old is inevitable; growing up is optional.