[APD] Those brilliant reds

How do you get those brilliant reds that are in photographs of the
really gorgeous  Dutch tanks?  I know that the color of a fluorescent
will affect the appearance of color, but that couldn't account for the
glowing magentas and screaming scarlets I see.  I've read that
lowering NO3 levels is the key, raising the light level is the key,
changing micronutrient mix is the key -- everything appears to be the
key.  So I thought I'd ask for some competent advice.

Thanks,
Liz