[APD] re:12. easy water change suggestions (Shireen Gonzaga)

Shireen,

I have used a maxi-jet 1000 pump for years. I have a gravel vac that I can attach to the intake, and a long python hose for the output. For the regular weekly changes, I just toss it in and pump out.

Experience has shown me that I use a metal hose thread on the tap, and also a metal femal hose thread on the tubing side, and I have only replaced it once (over 12 years).

Alan Van Nevel