[APD] Re: BGA Advice

Thanks for the help, Liz...I'll get in touch with Greg in the morning :)  I just looked at the web site and find his shipping charges hard to believe!

Richard, what impact does the recommended dosage have on the fish?!  That sounds like a lot of peroxide.  Thanks for your help.  This BGA is driving us nuts!

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:53:24 -0800
From: Liz W <satirica at gmail_com>
Subject: Re: [APD] Re: BGA Advice
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

Hi Fran,

KNO3 is Potassium (K) Nitrate (NO3).  I'm pretty sure you can order it
from Greg Watson.  http://www.gregwatson.com/   Great guy, great
shipping, great prices.

Liz

> >From what I *think* Tom is saying here, we might be able to keep the BGA away with the addition of KNO3.  That's all well and good, but 1) what on earth is KNO3? and 2) where can we find it (without having the FBI come looking for us)?

Message: 10
Date: Tue,  1 Mar 2005 22:40:39 -0500 (EST)
From: "Richard J. Sexton" <richard at aquaria_net>
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

Peroxide breaks down into water and oxygen, used at the
maximum dose of twenty five (25) cc per one hundred (100)
litres, it should kill it all off (Ref Krause, 1985 is
what Untewrgasser says, then doesn't give a full cite).