RE: [APD] Small diameter fish food binders?-a bit off-topic.

Richard

A few years ago I needed to hatch some baby brine shrimp and came up with a system similar to yours. I used an old 2 1/2 gal. slate bottom tank as a water bath to hold up the 1 liter( I think) soda bottles. This also provided a way to heat the shrimp hatcheries via a heater and an airstone in the tank. The airstone circulates the heated water around the soda bottles. I didn't add the airline to the cap like you do but just used a solid piece of plastic tubing as a lance to bring the air to the bottom of each soda bottle. I think I may have wrapped a piece of plant weight around the bottom of each lance to keep it down there.

Jerry Smith-out of lurk mode-in Bloomingdale, NJ

Message: 5 Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 00:49:26 -0500 (EST) From: "Richard J. Sexton" <richard at aquaria_net> Subject: RE: [APD] Small diameter fish food binders?-a bit off-topic. To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

>--The 4 chamber 2L soda bottle thingie sounds nifty, got a pic?

Picture a sodas bottle upside down with the bottom, (now the top,
I guess) cut off. A hole the EAXCT size of airline tubing is
drilled into the screwon cap, an airline is inserted into it
and the inside of the cap is glopped up with a good amount of silicone.

Now you have to make this thing stand up. I use 3/4 pine boards;
a hole is cut in them. The top one lets the whole thing slide
in, that it, 1mm large in dia than the soda bottle. The bottom hole
lets 1" of the bottle go through it. I use 1" dowels to hold
the whole mess together by drilling 1" holes in the pine boards;
scews through the pine secure the dowels to them.

Sall hole are drilled so the airline tubing comes out at the
top and the whole sordid mess doesn't drain out.