Re: [APD] easy water change suggestions

At 09:55 AM 3/1/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Richard J. Sexton wrote:
>
>>Do you tighten the inner green thiungy with a hex key from time
>>to time? That's how mine leaks periodically; I tighten it and it's
>>fine. 7 years and counting.
>>
>The inner green thingy? Wow that's great. Post a pic somewhere. ;-)

If you hold the tap fitting in you hand so that the part you
screw onto the tap is upright, look inside it. You'll see
about an 8mm hex slot. If you put an allen key in there
you can tighten it up the inner connector.

It comes loose from time to time because of the rotational
force exerted on it when you screw the python onto the
tap.

Sometimes it just flies apart under pressure, usually when
a daughter, or worse, wife is near enough to get sprayed.

I tighten mine periodically these days. I like being married.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net