Re: [APD] DIY CO2 System

The price of sugar for a year might be enough to buy a
presurized system, depending on how big a reactor you need.

The bubble counter would need to be adequately large -- I
don't know how large, because I haven't used yeast a lot
and never had a foam-over or gurgitation of mead into my
aquaria. But running through a quart-sized bottle, which
you can get for free with your next soft drink purchase,
should be plenty of capacity, easy, and cheap. But if you
fill it with water to function as bubble counter, there
won't be much room to absorb a foam-over or fermentation
bottle-belch.

Neither will remove any fumes from the gas from the
fermentation bottle before the gas gets into the aquarium
since it's a closed system until the gas gets into the
aquarium.

If you did find a way to vent off the gas, check the laws
on running a still, you'd be halfway there at that point
;-)

sh