Re: [APD] easy water change suggestions

You can make an S-shaped run of tubing and put a pump on
one end and a garden hose on the other and drain 75 gallons
in about 5 minutes, with "automatic" protection against
draining too much. You'd want to size the pump to the tank,
of course. You can make one for a few bucks plus the cost
of a pump. You can see one, or get one ready made here:

http://www.jehmco.com/PRODUCTS_/HARDWARE_/Safety_Siphon_Aquarium_Drain/safety_siphon_aquarium_drain.html

That leaves the Python for just refilling. If your water
source is the tap, then somehow you have to get the water
from the tap to the tank and the Python 13B pump/fitting
(actually borrowed from the waterbed industry) is useful
because you can test the temp at the sink and it's lighter
than a garden hose. But you can skip the Python
pump/fitting and just hook the hose to the tap.

If you're refilling from a rain barrel or other water
storage container, putting the S-shape device and pump into
that and the other end in the aquarium and you can refill
75 gallons in just a few minutes.

sh