Re: [APD] Microwaving water for water changes a bad thing?

I've read in more than one place that heavy metals can be found in
greater quantity in water that's been in the hot water tank over  the
tap water used to fill it. This might be only an issue for salt-water
reef tanks, I really don't know for sure.

Since I rent, and dunno the exact age of the water tank nor what it is
lined with I thought it better not to take a chance on introducing
more "stuff" into the tank.

I've thought about it plenty though and after reading this thread I
suppose it would work in a pinch. I still don't think I would do it
though. I don't have the means (nor, honestly the desire) to test my
home's hot water for heavy metals to see if it is true, and since the
only possible outcome of such a test would result in me using cold tap
water anyway I just do that.

Can anyone confirm my suspicions that the hot water may have more
heavy metals than the cold water? or is this just a myth?

--
"I didn't climb my way to the top of the food chain to eat celery."
--unknown