Re: [APD] Microwaving water for water changes a bad thing?

The problem with letting water sit to reach room temperature is that if you change a third to a half of the water every week, you end up with buckets of water sitting around destroying the ambiance of your family room for almost half of the week. My wife is very accepting of my hobby, but believe me, she isn't that accepting! So, I think now I will follow Liz's plan - use the kitchen sink faucet, set the water temperature there and add the Amquel before adding the refill water. That way my marriage may survive longer. Incidentally, years ago I found that I could use my finger to check water temperature, and do it accurate to a couple of degrees. Now that I am older I may have to resort to a thermometer.