Re: [APD] Microwaving water for water changes a bad thing?

I don't see any way microwaving water to heat it can possibly be harmful to either fish or plants. But, I do wonder if your under sink filter really does remove chloramines. I understand from what I have read that it takes special filter cartridges, not usually used, to remove the chloramine or the ammonia left over when it degrades. Amquel is one of several substances you can buy that are designed to remove the ammonia, especially. That is how I will handle water changes when I set up my next tank. The previous one I only changed about 10% of the water at a time, so I got by doing nothing about either the temperature of the replacement water or the chloramine. For the next one I plan on replacing a third of the water at a time, so I will have to take care of both. I plan to use 5 gallon buckets to store replacement water until it reaches room temperature, and Amquel for the chloramine.