Re: [APD] Re: PAM

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Dave Gomberg wrote:

At 08:04 2/21/2005, Erik wrote:
The deal with the AGA disk is that we're offering only material that has
been "out of print", i.e., not available in paper form, for quite some
time.  It does include the two issues of PAM that fall under that
category

Erik, I don't recall giving AGA permission to reproduce any of my copyrighted issues.

Do I just have a bad memory, or did AGA jump to a conclusion?

First, I'd like to apologize for this being on a public forum, but it unfortunately deserves a reply.

The AGA has in fact made a mistake in including these two issues of _Planted Aquaria_ on our archive disk. We erroneously beleived that we had acquired reprint rights when the organization purchased the entire stock of magazines from Dave in 2002, as well as providing his remaining subscriber base with free equivalent membership in the AGA. Upon re-reading the contract, it appears that we are instead merely the owner of all remaining paper copies of the magazine.

We have taken corrective measures and removed all references to _Planted Aquaria_ in our TAG archive disk masters, and any new copies will not have the two out-of-print issues of PAM. You can apparently still download a low-resolution version of Issue #2 from Dave's site.

The AGA apologizes for this mistake. It won't happen again. Seriously.

- Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com