[APD] Re: problem with tank/regulator seal

following up to my own question. I spoke to a guy at National Safety Auditors, which apparently does saftey inspections of compressed gas tanks. He told me that steel tanks like the one I got from the welding supplier don't use washers or o-rings, and I should just use teflon tape, instead. That seems to have given me a good seal.

I think the problem (?!) is that tanks last so long on my 20 gallon tank, that I tend to forget what I did the last time.

Nick