[APD] Translating Aquarium Heute

Dave wrote:

Karen, do you think if we asked for reprint permission for an English
translation of the whole megilla he would grant it?   Do you think there
would be an adequate market if we did the project?

Several problems. First, he doesn't own the company or the magazine any more, so I have no idea what his rights are at this point. Second, the articles (and photos) were bought from the authors for first European rights only. When they translated them to another language, (they were translated to both French and Italian while I was writing for them) we were paid again, though a smaller amount. That was all arranged in advance too. I would assume, that as with most magazines, you would need to get permission from every individual author before reprinting their work.

Karen