Re: [APD] bio-Balls VS Bio-Wheels

I really doubt that one works "better" than the other.
Volume of medium for a given task might differ. Both are
tried and true techniques for providing high levels of
oxygen to aqautic bacteria. Both seem to slough off excess
material and profvide a good substrate for bacteria -- but
then what wet surface doesn't?  I know someone tried
platics toy soldiers as a biomedium and last I heard, the
filter was working fine.

I'd be interested to see some good data on how much the
balls or wheels do and wht's really needed to handle a
given amount of ammonia or nitrite.

Scott H.
--- Lief Brittan Youngs <liefy at yahoo_com> wrote:

> Do bio-balls or bio-wheels work better? Or are they both
> different enough that a few bio-balls with a bio-wheel
> would work the best? Or does each one work better in
> certain situations?
>
> Lief Youngs
>

> ++++++++++++++++++++Lief Youngs++++++++++++++++++++
>    http://geocities.com/SouthBeach/Mansion/4739
>    Colorado State University Graduate May 2004
>        B.S. Bioagricultural Sciences major
>         B.S. Agricultural Business major

=====
Christel Kasselmann,
author of the best current authoritative text on aquatic plants
will be a featured speaker at
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies 30th Annual Convention.
March 18-20, 2005 at the Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT