Re: [APD] Re: Needling Valves and Hawking Hokes et al

Hmmm, wellhe can use diffusers but he certainly doesn't
need them ;-)

After all, diffusers are relatively inexpensive once you've
decided you don't want to inject into an existing canister
or powerhead intake virtually for free. They're also good
for folks that like to take things out and soak them in
bleach every once in a while.  ;-)  And they are are
moderately efficient at getting CO2 into the water.

An alternative -- mind you I didn't say the only one -- is
to get the CO2 equipment out of the tank -- a mixing
chamber (or what the at-a-loss-for-small-words folks call a
*REACTOR*) can be made for a few bucks and a little time --
and not much dexterity is required:

http://www.aquaticscape.com/articles/co2reactor.htm

Btw, neither Dave nor Hudson nor I make a penny on these --
and I didn't design the things or make the pictures and I'm
not even connected with the website -- I only bring them up
because they're  inexpensive, 100% efficient, out of the
tank, and easy to make.

sh