[APD] SE Asian Swamp biotope?

I've been researching converting my ten gallon to a southeast asian
swamp biotope. From what I've read so far, I am a bit confused about
the requirements. Currently the tank houses a female betta, a small
school of espei rasboras, java fern, vallisneria, bacopa, and an
amazon sword.

One source I've read lists rasboras and labrynth fish as possibilities
for fish. Another source I've read puts the rasboras in a separate
biotope and doesn't list bettas at all (perhaps because they are
ornamental fish, at least not found in the wild in this form, except
by accident?).

As for plants, I've read that java fern and vallisneria are part of
the "SE Asian biotope" but not the swamp version.

The plants I've found as possibilities for the "swamp" I've listed
below, but am not sure that they are accurate.

Barclaya longifolia
Cryptocoryne balansae
Hygrophila corymbosa v. 'siamensis' (Giant Hygro)
Hygrophila corymbosa v. 'Angustifolia' (Fine Leaf Corymbosa)
Hygrophila corymbosa 'stricta'
Hygrophila difformis (wisteria)
Limnophila sessiliflora (Asian Ambulia)
Monosolenium tenerum ("pellia")
Pogostemon helferi (Downoi)
Rotala rotundifolia

Plus I'm not sure if adding "decaying leaves" would be a safe idea.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or resources they recommend?

So far I've read:
http://www.mongabay.com/fish/biotope_se_asia_pool.htm
http://badmanstropicalfish.com/bio-type.html
Eheim's Habitat information on the web
Peter Hiscock's "Aquarium Designs" (book)