Re: [APD] Sump - Bio balls

Fwiw, although I've haven't done hourly or half-hourly
measurements of ammonia when doing water changes, I've
never noticed a problem doing this. I'll note that my sump
is covered and the media stays moist the whole time, which
is sometimes a hour or longer. If the tank is heavily
planted, the plants are probably getting most of the N
before bacteria on the bioballs anyway.

Scott H.