[APD] Kitchen sink

Hey, I know this is off topic but I reacently installed a new Stainless Steel kitechn sink to replace an old ugly white one. While I was redoing the plumbing I had to pull apart the trap section and when putting it back together found that it leaked. Looking for something to help the joining components I could only come up with one thing that would not be reactive with PVC pipe off the top of my head. Lip gloss. Unfotunately my wife and I only seem to have (tones of ) blue blistex medicated lip salve lying around. Medicated ingrediants include Camphor, Phenol and Menthol. So I applied it and the trap no longer leaks.

Might I have a reaction with the PVC over time?

- Chris.