[APD] NaHC03 and salinity.

How ironic...

I began to post a question to the possibility of sodium buildup when using NaHCO3 as a substitute for commercial grade KH products. Then, before fisishing up I decided to take a minute and google the question. How funny to come across your own post from just about exactly one year earlier! Following the thread I found I had one reply with the suggestion to use KHCO3 over NaHC03. A very good suggestion indeed, as the excess K will inevitably get used.

Only problem is, does anyone know a good source of cheap KHCO3? I never did get an answer to that question. Does anyone know if KHCO3 is used over NaHCO3 in commercial products?

- Chris.