-----Original Message-----
From: aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com] On Behalf Of Chris Hotte
Sent: Tuesday, 8 February 2005 4:44 AM
To: aquatic plants digest
Subject: [APD] DIY Aqurium Hood

I'm looking to build a wooden top for my aquarium that hinges open in
the middle. I'd like to increase the amount of light in my tank up from
1.69watt/gal and currently it's the only way I can see to do it.
Currently I just have an All-Glass 110watt 36" fixture on the top. I'll
likely go with ahsupply for CF lighting into the 3-4watt/gal range.

I've found a few DIY links online, but still looking for the most
comprehensive directions I can find, as I am not a carpenter. Also, my
stand is made of particle board covered with a black wood grain veneer,
which I think will be hard to match. Any ideas?  There is a definite
wife factor that the end product must pass.

Chris.