[APD] RE: slime mold

> The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was
> that it looked like the slime mold Physarum
> polycephalum that we use in the teaching lab.
>
> -Laura

Yes, that's what I thought as well, what is eating though?
It grew on the glass. We use oats for Physarum.

This stage is the feeding stage of the slime mold so.............
I suppose it could have eaten something like a dead snail or something that
died on the glass or in a crack/space in the silicone.
But it does look like a plasmodial slime mold...to me as well.
Still, where's the food for it in the photo? Glass does not have much
nutrition.
It's highly doubtful the water column has enough.

Regards,
Tom Barr

subscribe at BarrReport_com           Hurt your brain: Florida notes online
www.BarrReport.com                    Feb's article now on line!