[APD] bizarre white "algae"

http://images.aquaria.net/plants/algae/unknown/

This tanks turned into a veritable freshwater reef tank over xmas. I lost
count of the forms of non-fish like in this fishless tank.

This stuff appeared over the course of 2 or 3 days. A 50% waterchange
killed it, it just flaked off and sat on the bottom then dissolved.

Anyone have any idea what it might be? It reminds me of blood vessels
in the brain - white brain algae might be a good name for it if it
even is an algae.

The color in the photo is about right. It looks white on first
glance then you can almost make out a light tinge of a yellowy
green.

Never seeen it before or since.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net