[APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 17, Issue 36

In a message dated 1/16/2005 12:04:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
aquatic-plants-request at actwin_com writes:
>Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:19:32 -0500
>From: "Peter May" <dcm95 at a-znet_com>
>Subject: [APD] Eco Complete and loach noses
>To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
>
>Anyone have a negitive experiance in this regard? All six of my clown
loach's >seem to have a sore nose with just a few days in eco-complete.

>It may just be a little rough?
>
>Thanks,
>Peter

I have a Clown Loach question.....

I completely changed out one of my 29 gallon tanks in early December,
including a new tank, substrate, plants, etc. Because of a disaster (don't ask) I
also restocked the tank, with 3 small Cory Cats, 5 Yucatan Mollies, and 3 Clown
Loaches (I had snails come in on my new plants and I don't like them in my
tanks). To save money I got them from the local Meijers (A Midwestern chain maybe
one notch above Walmart).

Anyway-I just absolutely could not keep the Clown Loaches alive. I had 2 die
almost immediately, the store replaced them, when I came back from being away
a few days at Christmas, all 3 were dead, after having them replaced again and
the new ones lasting for not quite a week I finally gave up.

The other fish are all alive and doing great. Is there some mysterious "Clown
Loach disease" or something? I did have the tank closer to 70 than 80 but not
below 70. I don't think I need them anymore as I haven't seen any snails but
I wonder what happened?
Gerry Skau
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the
mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name
of liberty and democracy?"---Mahatma Gandhi