[APD] Jiffy pots

I am wondering if Jiffy pots (there are probably other brands as well)
could be used in an aquarium.  These are the biodegradable pots that are
often used to start seedlings indoors, and then they are planted directly
in the soil, and roots can grow through the pots.  I believe they are
made out of peat.  I was thinking that maybe certain plants, such as the
rubin sword I bought today, may benefit from being placed in one of these
pots with some laterite or even soil, and a small piece of a Jobe stick,
before being placed in the tank.  Good idea or bad?  Thanks.

Jim N