[APD] Re: Water parameters changed -- help requested.

Hello all --

On both my tanks, my test readings have changed and I
don't understand why.

1) Normal kh is 7-8, now reading 3
2) Nitrates normal 5-10ppm, now fail to read on my
test (even at 0ppm, my test turns the water yellow --
water now stays perfectly clear).
3) Co2 injection on both, but now my ph has gone from
6.9 down to 6.2 (which is because the kh is lower), so
co2 levels have also changed.

What I have changed on both tanks is the way I dose
nutriets because I have been trying to follow Tom's
estimative index.  I dose the following:

65 gallon, dosing each element every other day:
______
10ml TMG
1/2 tsp stump remover for nitrate
1ml Fleet enema for phosphate
1 capful Seachem potassium
50% water change weekly
______
10 gallon, same thing, dosing each element every other
day, as close as I can get to 1/6th of above amounts.
______

I understand why my ph is down.  What I don't
understand is which of these elements would make my kh
drop and cause my nitrate test to fail to work.  And
how do I solve this?

I should note that since the kh of my tap water is
always 0, I have added bags of crushed coral to each
of my filters to boost the kh up and I have not
removed or changed either of them as until now, the kh
remains quite stable.  Without them, the kh of my
tanks is also 0.  My water parameters have changed
since a) I changed my dosing schedule and amounts
dosed, which I did after b) a one week break in co2
injection for repairs.  This all happened over a 2
week period.

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated!

Valerie