RE: [APD] Seachem Flourish Nitrogen

I think what is confusing people is the terminology.  Nitrate is only
one form of nitrogen.  Your nitrate level is what your test kit is
measuring.  What Scott and Dr. Morin are talking about it TOTAL
NITROGEN, of which nitrate is only a part.  What you add via Seachem
Nitrogen is only half nitrate.  The other half is non-nitrate form.  If
your nitrates are zero and you add enough Flourish to bring it up to
8.8, then your TOTAL NITROGEN level is 17.6.  If your tank is at 5 and
you add enough Flourish to bring it up to 10, then your TOTAL NITROGEN
is 15.

Take the amount of nitrate added via Flourish Nitrogen and double that.
This is the TOTAL NITROGEN added with the Flourish.  Now add that to
your esixting tank levels to get your tank's TOTAL NITROGEN.

Nick