Re: [APD] Karen Randall's Mini Tanks

Lucikly for us, Karen posted some picks here:

http://mysite.verizon.net/karenran/sunkengardens/

She listed the link in this APD post:

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/month.200401/msg00067.html

which had the subject heading, appropriately enough, "Tiny
Tanks"

While I put a thin layer of Onyx Sand in mine, Karen used a
stiff mesh (the kind used for needlepoint or counted
cross-stitch) to which she attached some cladaphora. So the
whole aquascape can be lifted out when it's time to clean
the tank.

Scott H.

good luck, good fun,
Scott H.
--- James E Newville <jenewville at juno_com> wrote:

> I found Karen Randall's article on planted "Mini Tanks"
> on the Aquarium
> Fish web site.  Unfortunately, there were no pictures.
> Does anyone know
> if there are any pictures of her or others' planted mini
> tanks on the
> Internet?  It sounds really interesting, and I'd like to
> see some
> examples.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim Newville
>
> (By the way, I really enjoyed her column "Sunken
> Gardens."  I wish I had
> maintained my subscription while she was still writing
> it.)

=====
Christel Kasselmann,
author of the best current authoritative text on aquatic plants
will be a featured speaker at
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies 30th Annual Convention.
March 18-20, 2005 at the Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT