Re: [APD] Water changes/waste buildup calculator

Well, if they aren't eating the plants and each other, that
prettymuch leaves the food you're putting in the tank,
which is easy to weigh. Have to allow for water for fresh
or frozen food but he percentage is usually on the package
stuff.

sh
--- dstringf at comcast_net wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, how do I know how many grams of
> poop my fish are producing? ;)  who goes in and weighs
> that!
>

> > At 10:20 PM 1/19/2005 +0000, you wrote:
> > >I don't know about the math, but one thing  that I'm
> sure it is missing is
> > "consumers" of the waste in the water.  Bacteria and
> smaller inverts help to
> > break down and convert the waste into non-waste
> products that your plants
> > will then consume.
> >
> > Yeah, it's to show dilution from water changes. I have
> no idea of the math
> > involved in anyting else to say nothing of Diana
> Wolsted's "never change"
> > water regime.
> >

> > --
> >
> >  /"\                         / http://lists.aquaria.net
> >  \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / Killies, Crypts,
> Aponogetons
> >   X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
> >  / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net

=====
Christel Kasselmann,
author of the best current authoritative text on aquatic plants
will be a featured speaker at
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies 30th Annual Convention.
March 18-20, 2005 at the Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT