[APD] Re: Shrimp in ecospheres

>>>Slightly smaller scale, but the principle is valid
(and they look cool):

http://www.eco-sphere.com/home.htm
http://www.abundantearth.com/store/ecosphere.html<<

Andrew-

It is my understanding that these are not true
"ecospheres" -- the shrimp are simply very, very
hardy, and while they are eating, they are not growing
or reproducing.  It just takes a long time for them to
die.  See the link below to an excellent article (and
terrific website!) for information on these
"ecospheres", especially the second paragraph.  I
highly recommend this website for all things shrimp.

http://www.petshrimp.com/hawaiianredshrimp.html

Valerie